As a follow up of the 'Quartz' CD, this one introduces composers from the stylistic sphere of Brahms (Ludwig Thuille), Richard Strauss (the Belgian composer Paul Gilson) and Francis Poulenc (Madeleine Dring).
Sales price: 15,00 €
Sales price without tax: 12,40 €
Tax amount: 2,60 €
Ludwig Thuille ( 1861- 1907),a pupil of Josef Rheinberger (1839-1901) in the style of Brahms, a and friend of Richard Srauss, wrote a very romantic and dynamic quintet for woodwinds and piano.
This CD also reveals the remarkable reconstruction by Gérard Noack of the complete Septet by Paul Gilson (1904-1963), a piece that had fallen into oblivion and had remained as a virtually illegible manuscript until now.
Another discovery is Madeleine Dring's 'Idyll' (1923 -1977 ) for oboe and piano. This work of this short lived British composer had never been recorded before.
In this CD, Mozart is introduced by the French horn, Fauré is lullabied by the flute, and Dvorak is danced by a septet.
- 1. A. Dvorak/G. Noack : Slavonic dance Opus 46 N°7 Pour flûte, hautbois, 2 clarinettes, cor et 2 bassons (Editions Filimbi)
- 2. G. Fauré : Berceuse Op.16 pour flûte et harpe
- 3-5. W.A. Mozart/G. Noack : Quintette à vent pour cor K.V. 407 Allegro – Andante – Allegro (Editions Filimbi)
- 6. M. Dring/R. Lord : Idyll for oboe and piano (Editions Micropress) (Premier enregistrement mondial).
- 7. P. Gilson/G. Noack : Humoresque N°1 pour flûte, hautbois, 2 clarinettes, cor et 2 bassons (Editions Filimbi)
- 8-11. L. Thuille : Sextuor en Sib Majeur Op.6 Pour flûte, hautbois, clarinette, cor, basson et piano Allegro moderato – Larghetto – Gavotte – Vivace